To redesign the entire interior space and make it a more functional and open concept. The design and colours were inspired by a Mediterranean and Greek aesthetic. The client also wished to add an addition to the home which would also complement the existing exterior.
Points of Interest:
- The double-sided fireplace; enjoy the warmth year-round!
- The suspended, revolving living room fireplace with a granite base
- A “Greek Room” inspired by Greece! The stained glass in the stairwell opening was a beautiful touch; instead of leaving it as a drywalled opening, this draws your eye upward, so you can fully appreciate the vaulted ceilings and trim work that is in that space
- Instead of going with a tiled floor for the entry and a tiled backsplash for the kitchen, we kept with the Mediterranean feel with “brick roads” and used a brick veneer. The texture is a nice touch for the interior but does not stand out too much since the colour blends well with the rest of the neutral colours in the space. The client added colour in some areas with the paint and their décor.
- This home renovation allowed for two main bathrooms for our clients; the styles are very different so it was great that we could feature both aesthetics for each of them
- By having the bathtub centered between the two dormers, it is a great focal point when you walk into the space